Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Who am I?

I know this person who has lived his life with a lot of regrets of his past.
Is he proud of the life he has led?
Did he do all that he could for his family when he had the chance?
Did circumstances beyond a child's understanding break up his family?
Does he still walk in the shadow of his doubts, that keep him awake at night and wander through his mind like bad dreams?
Will he ever get any peace and be able to accept the fact that his life was meant to turn out the way it has?
We talk and get to see each other from time to time and he has asked for forgiveness from the ones he hurt, some have forgiven, some still hold on to the hurtful memories and wont let go.
He has asked God for forgiveness and that was a great thing, He now is a Christian and is doing great things for the Lord!
But I still seem to think that he hasn't asked one person for forgiveness..........Himself.
So to answer my Question,
Is it my Father? Or is it Me? Is it You?
How can we forgive each other if we can't forgive Ourselves?

4 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

I guess my advice to this person, is that God doesn't care what you've done in the past, all of the regrets, sins, etc have been washed away with the blood of Jesus.
I personally find it easier to forgive other people than myself. I know better, so I shouldn't behave that way, etc. When I start feeling that way, I realize I need to get deeper in the word, and deeper in fellowship with other Christians. These things always help restore my perspective.

Great thoughts as always, buddy! Have a great couple of weeks, see you the last week of march!

where's jim? said...

I can't speak for anyone else, but despite the fact that those I have hurt were able to forgive me, I was not able to forgive myself. It took Jesus to do that...

Jay said...

The answer is My Father, and Myself,
It took a while for both of us and Im not reel sure about one of us, but we will keep trying!! WITH Gods help

Kodiak said...

Forgiveness must happen from both directions, horizontally and vertically. We must forgive others as we are forgiven. Many times this is not an easy task. We have been hurt but we have also hurt others. I spent many years evading having to forgive others, what I didn't realize is that I could grow furthere until I went back into my deep dark past and forgave those who wronged me, and also ask forgiveness for those whom I have wronged. A great book, which helpped me is "Wounded Spirit" by Frank Perreti. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0849916739/103-8139938-9921400?v=glance&n=283155