Saturday, February 25, 2006

Questions & More

Got into a conversation yesterday about ghosts, spirits and Sylvia Browne.
I made a comment about have you ever seen a ghost?
The question asked back to me was, have you ever seen God?
My reply was do you really want to get into this conversation with me?
No, he replied.
Somehow I feel like I lost an opportunity to minister to this person , but how do you talk to someone about God when they don't want to hear it?
Next question do you think psychics are gifted from God or is it all made up?
If so, do any use there talents to spread the word of God?

2 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

being one who has seen a ghost, and one who has seen all the proof of God I need, I say...
"My son was supposed to die, but he didn't, due to prayer." And I can give you specifics...hydrops, ventricular shift, etc. which are not compatible w/ life, yet Manny is a happy vibrant kid, with a love of life, and an award winning smile (although I can't decide on which award).
This is how you talk to someone who doesn't want to hear about God. Give them facts. Immanuel James Walsh was supposed to be a name on a tombstone, not on a birth certificate. Why? GOD

As far as the question of psychics gifted vs. made up....
Read 1 Samuel 28. There are gifts that are given beyond my comprehension. I don't understand them, but that doesn't make them "good."

Doug E. Pudge said...

What Sammy said and what Hawkman said. I can't improve on thoses so I'll shut up now. B4T