Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2nd Chance?

I was listening to a radio show today and the topic was, after we die, for those who have not accepted Jesus, do we get another chance to accept Jesus and get into heaven.
From what I understand this is a belief that has been getting some attention from some Christians who believe this will happen.

So here is the scenario:

You die, you meet God and Jesus is at his right hand, you finally say
1. Ohhh i guess I was wrong.
2. I wasn't told you were real.
3. I thought it was just some made up story that had been told for ages.
You say I accept you now,
And the belief is that Jesus or God says O.K. we understand, you go to Heaven now.

I personally do not believe that this is going to happen, I think the Bible speaks plainly on this
subject, so why would other Christians believe this?
Just thought it was an interesting subject.

5 comments:

Russell said...

They're lazy ...

Doug E. Pudge said...

ONOM! There are many doctrines out there that do not allign themselves with scripture. I don't believe that this is what the bible teaches about life after death, but God is God and He will be the one who decides! Personally, I'm not willing to take those kind of chances. B4T

big j said...

That's why as believers we need faith. If we go on thinking when we die. Then we will believe that's not faith.

Kodiak said...

At first I thought they must be speaking about the millenium reign, but not after I looked further in to it. Jesus mentions there will be false prophets claiming to be Christ return all bringing a false doctrine. I wouldn't place much trust in it though.

Swinging Sammy said...

I would just have to tell them, "OK, you do it your way, I'll do it mine." I KNOW where I'm gonna end up.