Friday, July 08, 2005

Is God Real?

One of the toughest Questions that you will ever be asked if you are a Christian.
And it's the one question that people can DEBATE all day about and still won't get anywhere!
Most people who are trying to prove you wrong will say"I don't see God, how can you tell me he's real"?
"If there is a God why do bad things happen to people"?
I was brought up in a church environment so there was always conversation about God, the Bible...etc.
But I'm wondering about those who are not brought up in Christian Families?
God is probably never talked about, no bible to pick up and read, no glory to God for the good things that happen in your life, No shame for the bad things that happen.
When we were in school we learned from books, math , reading, HISTORY!.
And yet we have a book, written by real people, telling of great creations, floods, real places,
even referencing real people of the times, that we learned about in HISTORY, but people cant understand or see that this is the ultimate HISTORY book!!
It tells from beginning to end, not fiction FACT, yet people don't believe.
I don't believe in dinosaurs, What we have fossil evidence, ohhh you mean like bones and rocks and stuff you can see!!
Don't we somewhere on this wonderful created rock, have some kind of proof of God.
Nah just a bunch of old scrolls that someone found, some old relics here and there,
maybe a bible or two.
I know we live on Faith, But aren't there times when you can just feel the presence of the Holy Spirit around?
The peace, calm, joy, love for one another?
If someone asked you the question, what would you say?

2 comments:

where's jim? said...

Yes He Is..

Swinging Sammy said...

great thoughts sassy. I agree. Faith is a gift and if you don't accept that gift, you can't expect to be able to accept the facts of God's existance. (thanks to DEP and Bob for clearing some of this up for me this week.)
Those moments when you feel the Holy Spirit are also gifts to help you through some of the tougher times you face.
As for those who are not brought up in Christian families...That's our job. My parents did their job to help me choose the correct path, now it is my turn to allow God to touch other people through me. We are all called to be witnesses of God's grace and love in our lives. We can help people come to know Jesus through our actions and words. Note I put actions before the words. This is something I have to work on. I know the words, but my actions don't reflect my words all the time. I frequently get upset, and revert back to the old Sammy, who likes to throw things, and cuss. I pray daily for God to take this from me, but perhaps this is the thorn in my side? Anyway, I ramble. Great post and question buddy.