Saturday, July 09, 2005

Fasting

If you don't know by now, some of our church members have been on a 4 month fast, for blessings on our new church.
I have personally chosen to fast from Ice Cream all summer.
I have been tempted more times (or at least it seems that way) the last few months, than at any time before. But I feel that It's not enough, Too easy so to say.
So along with fasting the cream I so love, I am going to fast blogging until the 18th of September also.
This is really going to take me out of the "loop", but with as much time as I spend trying to
follow what's going on everyday I will definitely have plenty of time to pray, read my bible, and meditate more!!
So Until September 19th,
Love Ya.

10 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

we'll miss you buddy.

wowgirl said...

you'll be missed.

where's jim? said...

See you in September... I really miss the Ice Cream. Particularily our here with the grandkids..They have a great ice cream place out here called coldstone. I hear it is great...

Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Jim,
There is a Coldstone in Saline and Ann Arbor...maybe we'll go in Sept.

J
Sorry to see you leave, but what a sacrifice=)

Russell said...

:( You and my dad. Always picking a fast that effects others!

Hey brother, love ya!

Kodiak said...

Goodbye J, you gotta go me-yo-my-yo see you in September

where's jim? said...

Yo guys, I stumbled across Isaiah 58 this am and it occurred to me maybe we ought to do something with the savings we are acruing by our fast. You guys are brilliant, think of something creative..We need somebody out there that can think!!!Give it a read..

Doug E. Pudge said...

Hey Jimmy, I happen to know of a woman who just lost her husband and will soon be having a baby. I think she could use a little blessing soon! Just a thought. BBT

Justin C. said...

Waaaaaaaaaaa! I will miss your uplifting articles as well as your kind comments. But I will look forward to hearing from you in Sept. Have a great summer!

Swinging Sammy said...

well, 2 more months, see you soon!