Friday, June 03, 2005

Faith?

I was in a conversation yesterday with another christian, the topic was faith.
I know that the apostles healed in the name of Jesus, they had seen the miracles, they were right in the mix of the life of Jesus Christ.
So I asked" Why is it that you don't here about or see those type of biblical miracles today"?
Or do we?
What do we have to do to have that kind of faith?
Could we move mountains?
Could we heal with our hands?
Is it that we dont think we are worthy, to do these kinds of works?
Or do we do these works with our prayers?
I have seen prayer work, it has worked on me, is this our healing power?

2 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

Great questions, and for once I don't have any opinion or answers for you. I really don't know.

Doug E. Pudge said...

I want to see a first century type miracle so bad it hurts. I know without a doubt that God is able to do it and I truly believe he is willing to do it. So what does that say about my faith. In the first century Jesus and the Apostles used miracles to either draw a crowd to begin proclamation of the Word or to give validation to the Word (Word referring to Christ, ref. Jn. 1:1)! So maybe that is where the problem lies! Maybe we have the faith that God can and will do miracles but are not prepared for the responsibility that comes with them! Just a thought. BBT