Monday, May 23, 2005

Question God?

The past couple of weeks have been a very tough time for me.
There have been many emotions, Hurt feelings, Confusion, Anger, Sadness.
And it has made me wonder if I'm doing the right thing, with the path I have chosen.
The Bible says we do not have the authority to question God, And rightly so, Who are we to
question the works of our father?
After a long week of work and meetings, and everyday stress that we all go thru, I wasn't very Motivated for Sunday Worship.
But once I got there, and started seeing the works of our GOD around me it all changed!
There were the usual faces, But then I started noticing what was going on around me.
The complete worship team was warming up!
The children were in a class!
Some old Friends were walking in the door!
NEW VISITORS WERE COMING IN TO WORSHIP!
What was going on?
Our Preacher gave a sermon about renewal, It all fell into place.
Do not question our God!
Just sit back and watch him work!
God was at work with his people Sunday and I'm glad I was there to see it!
Thank you Father!

6 comments:

where's jim? said...

That is one of the reasons we show up... (but not THE reason)...I always look so forward to Sunday mornings because you know God is going to show up but you never know what He is going to do!!

Doug E. Pudge said...

All I can say to that is ...........BBT!

Russell said...

Jay- I loved hanging out w/ you on Saturday AS WELL AS Sunday!! Great weekend! God Is Good!

Swinging Sammy said...

All the time

Justin C. said...

That is great J. I try to never question God. But I slpi every once in a while. I guess us humans like to question a lot. I feel encouraged however, whenever I see God working in the hearts of people. (Including myself). Have a great day,
-CT

Swinging Sammy said...

It's ok to question God, though. David did it all the time, and he was a man after God's own heart. Jesus did it from the cross "My God, My God, why have you abandoned me?" and he IS God. I think what we have to be careful of is in our questioning, we should not blaspheme, or attribute to God our own faults and shortcomings. Does that make sense?