Monday, October 03, 2005

How do you know?

I have a big decision to make this week and I have been praying about it.
It's a Job oppurtunity.
Like other decisions I have made recently, I have turned to God in prayer.
But how do you know if the feeling you get is from God?
Do you feel good when you think about it, do you get that resevation feeling?
Do you think that it will be O.K., or do you look at the struggle you may have for a while until you get settled in?
What is the deciding factor that lets you know God is GUIDING you?
Here is how you can help. You dont have to speak of your decision, or situation, but I would like to know what feeling you had that told you it was going to be O.K.
Or does it really matter, and just trust that God will take care of you no matter what!
Man I hate when I almost figure stuff out!

3 comments:

Doug E. Pudge said...

ONOM, this is one of those things that are a learned response. First of all God will give us a clear cut answer when he has one. Sometimes it doesn't matter to God whether we make a right turn or a left turn, he just wants us to turn. Try asking God for a sign. You know something that you will recognize and know that it's of Him. If you don't get it, then make the decision and go forward with all confidence. B4T

Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Something new that I have learned and accepted is that it is not our timing but Gods. You will know what to do when it has been revealed. I struggled with working/being home with the kids. We needed the money, but my place was to be at home with my kids. The last job lasted about 10 months and I could not take leaving them anymore and prayed and prayed and prayed, decided to quit and it was the best thing. The financial struggle is still there, but my heart does not weigh heavy, thanks to God.

Swinging Sammy said...

judging from the time of your post, you are up at all hours considering this decision.
I have lost sleep many a night trying to discern God's will for me. I try not to trust my feelings, but try to listen to what God has equipped me with in the form of friends, ministers, and His Word.
I try to ask is this a decision I am making because of pride (my biggest struggle), or based on greed, anger, etc. Or is this decision based on what God wants for me.
Usually through prayer, I am able to discern what He wants for me. If I still can't figure it out, I try to make the decision based on what I would advise someone else to do.
Throughout it all, remain in constant prayer, both talking to and listening to God.
I will pray for you, and will miss you all tonight.