Friday, September 23, 2005

Mountains & Valleys

The last few weeks I have been in a few conversations about being High on the Mountain or Low in the Valley, both in spiritual and personal references.
I know for myself at times I dont have the "Fire" that I think I should have in my Spiritual life, and if I really think about it, my personal life is kinda the same.
So as Im thinking about all of this, I wonder if "MY MOUNTAIN" is a bigger mountain than God's Mountain.
Heres what I mean.
On my mountain I have enough money to support my family, church, and then a little extra to put in the bank and save, I would want for nothing.
On my mountain I may want to be a Leader in the church, ministering to everyone I can.
But in reality on "GOD'S MOUNTAIN" I have enough money to support my family,church, and I have my NEEDS met.
On "GOD'S MOUNTAIN" I am a servant for my church and I clean toilets.
I guess what I'm saying is, why should I think that My mountain is Mount Everest when God has put Mount Brighton in front of me!!

2 comments:

Doug E. Pudge said...

Unbelieveable insight #1. God gives us mountain top experiences right where we are. I think we need to learn like the apostle Paul did in Phillipians chapt. 4 to "be content in every situation"! Knowing that we are in God's will should be enough for all of us. Thank you for bringing that out this morning. B4T

Swinging Sammy said...

I am reminded of Proverbs 30:7-9
Great thoughts, it is so awesome to have you back in our little blogosphere. I have missed you