Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I Don't Get It!

Why as Christians do we preach the gospel to others and make others believe that we are a great example of a Modern Day Christians, Yet we cause and sometimes even promote the stumbling of other People and sometimes, other Christians?
As soon as I got home today, I learned that a person who is trying to get on the right track, (without resistance or any Christian counsel), was for a lack of better words, led to the wolves
And because this person stated that"The Good Lord wanted her to move to an area, where she will be tempted, it was O.K.?
And the worst part is that this persons own MOTHER, Who Preaches Fire and Brimstone was the one to let her go, and even gave her Money!
I am very upset and do not know how to help.
Should I confront the mother and ask her why?
Just so everyone knows, I thank God for the Church Family that I have been surrounded with,
And I am NOT making reference to anyone in my church family.
I don't know of another group of people who have shown as much love for others as the members of the Newsong Community Church!!!
I am a sinner,
God knows it,
My church knows it,
But they both forgive me.

4 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

I don't get it either, buddy. We should build each other up (Ephesians 4:29) and not cause another to stumble (1 Cor 8:9) Perhaps you should bring this to your friend's mother's attention. But do it carefully and in a spirit of love, so that together you may be able to bring your sister back out of danger.

Doug E. Pudge said...

#1 it's like this. Sometimes people try to do what is right but because they lack the wisdom to do what is right, they do the wrong thing. From my understanding of the mother in this situation she seems to be a God fearing woman. I think (from my understanding) she missed the whole point somewhere along the way. We should never promote someone getting tempted! I know this from first hand experience. BBT

Kodiak said...

God brings trials, Satan brings temptation. Jesus' Enables,

Swinging Sammy said...

One other verse I meant to mention, but accidentally left out was 1 Cor 10:13b, "...and God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

This verse says that he will provide a way out, but it is our responsibility to take that way he has provided.