Monday, June 06, 2005

Slow Down!

Is it just me or does it seem that things are just going too fast lately?
Seems like everything has to be done NOW!
Go to work, come home,pick the wife up, pick the kids up, cook dinner, do homework, (If you have kids), Take them to activities, Get them in the shower, get them in the bed, Get ready for bed yourself, dishes, laundry, bloggin, cleanhouse, find time to spend with your mate, find time to spend with GOD!!
AAAHHHHH!!!

WHOOOAAA!!
Why can't we just slow down, take a few deep breaths, sleep in, go fishing, take the family on a picnic, take the time to really give God his share of our day!
Is it that hard to do?
Do we fill our idle time with so much, that we forget what is really important?
I know I do!

3 comments:

Kodiak said...

Slow down your going to fast, I can't keep up. I certainly am not an expert handling mine and or my family's time. But I do find that setting boundries helps. Set up priorities and weed out the chaff. Like do we really need to be involved in every activity, band, soccer, softball, tv....none of these are bad but they all can be time robbers. Great post.

Anonymous said...

you do your kids' homework, cool. I wish you were my dad

Swinging Sammy said...

Jay, I agree with you buddy. I am too stinking busy. I have been dreading going back to work, because it is just one more time stealer. grrr. anyway, it helps me to start my day in the Word. Usually keeps things in perspective a little better (not always). And I find myself a lot more frustrated and angry throughout the day when I don't take the time in the AM. How's Alexis and Leann?