Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sharing

I know there have been a few posts about sharing lately, but this is so cool I have to tell it!
You see at night before I read my bible, I usally lay my head on it and pray.
When I finish praying(unless I'm looking to study a certain topic), I just flip the pages to whatever page comes up (Kinda like shuffling cards) and I start reading.
9 times out of 10, what I flip to, is relavent to what is happening around me, how I'm feeling, something that someone had talked to me about, maybe something Tom had talked about.
I would even say that the 1 time is probably relavent, but I dont understand it!
Well with everything that has gone on, last night I flipped to the book of.......Job.
Not the middle, not the end, Right smack on the first page!
What an eye opener, the one person in the whole bible, that Satan tried to get to curse God,
and he cursed his own birth.
Job was a righteous man and even offered sacrifices for his children( just in case they had messed it up with God) and he never looked away from God.
That is a true testemony of faith!!
So if you have something cool to share, leave it in the comments!!

7 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

God leads us when we let Him, doesn't He?

where's jim? said...

Yes, GIG, ATT if we can just stay out of the way...and let him do HIS work.

Doug E. Pudge said...

Can you get Job's faith without going through Job's life? BBT

Swinging Sammy said...

Job had his faith prior to his trials...If he had no faith, he would have succomed at the loss of his flocks, don't you think? It's because of our faith we are allowed to be tried. 1 Cor 10:13

Doug E. Pudge said...

So if we have no faith then we have no trial? BBT

Russell said...

I really like the fact that we are not given more than we can handle. Yet everyday it seems to mount up more. The shoulders of God are bigger than I originally thought. Shame on me!

Kodiak said...

I love Jobs hedge of protection. Demonstrates how concerned he was for his family.