Sunday, June 12, 2005

Focus?

I have to admit focusing is not my strong point at times.
I focus on the things I think are important, we all do this.
But today something Smacked me right in the face!
My Youngest son Adam, asked "Why during ministry time at church, don't we ever go to pray"?
Adam is 8 and this was something that came as a big suprise to me.
I asked if there was something that we needed to pray about?
He wanted to pray for his mother.(Long story)
When he got to the pit to be prayed with, he broke into tears, I broke into tears,I was hoping Sammy would hold it together, (he did, thank you brother!) it was then that I realized that I had lost my Focus!
I had been Focusing on so many other things, that I had neglected to keep up on what he had been thinking and help him with his problems!
I tell him over and over that he is just a kid, dont grow up too soon, live your life and have fun, don't worry I can fix it.
Well today my friends, a child taught me that I can't fix everything!
But he showed me who could!
Love Ya!

4 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

I am blessed to be a part of it, brother. Thank you for coming and allowing me to pray with you

Russell said...

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them -Mark 10:13-16

BBT

Doug E. Pudge said...

You know kids have taught ME the greatest lessons over the years. BBT

Kodiak said...

Sometimes, I wonder if we are given kids to teach
... or to learn from?

No wonder Jesus loves the little children!!