Thursday, May 26, 2005

Right or Wrong?

Everyone knows that I am a new Christian, if not, you know now! And since I started my new walk I've been trying to learn as much about Religion as possible, mostly by watching, listening
and reading.
The coolest thing that I have come across lately is my Seventh Day, Baptist, Lutheran, and other non-denominational friends (along with those who are not church going individuals), like to get into debates now and again,(usually on Friday's) about religious topics.
We have debated, what meats are clean, alcohol consumption, What part of the mortal being will get into heaven etc...
And let me tell you it gets heated from time to time!
If you have ever talked religion in a mixed group you will understand what I mean when I say HEATED.
One of the great things about our little get together is that, not only do you get to know others around you at work more intimately, you also get different viewpoints on how they are taught or convicted in their beliefs.
So who's right and who's wrong?
Is there a right and wrong?
I don't think it really matters!
In the end we all walk away with our own opinions, and some new ones, most backed by our interpretation of the Bible, some back by how we are taught, but we never leave angry! And we always look forward to the next debate, when we can share our beliefs with each other, Right OR Wrong!

Love Ya!!

10 comments:

Justin C. said...

Hi Jay. Have not commented in a while. I have debates over at my religious issues blog if you want a place to debate online. You are also more than welcome to use my forum that is also located at my religious blog. Go down a few posts. But that is not why I came here. I am a Seventh Day Adventist. We could probably get into a lot of debates. But I would like to ask you to join me and other people I am rounding together to witness mainly online to poeple by going to blogs and show poeple the gospel. There is more info at my blog but I would be very pleased if you would join me in this crusade. If not, then thats okay too. Thanks Jay,
-CT

Doug E. Pudge said...

Oh nephew of mine! Debating can be fun and if everyone leaves them with growth and without anger then I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact those non-Christians that are watching might learn a lot if they see that everyone is willing to share their views, disagree about some things and still depart as friends and brothers. In fact, I would love to come a join sometime! I've been known to have an opinion or two in my day! BBT

Jay said...

You an opinion?
Thats an understatement at the least!

Doug E. Pudge said...

Don't make me Pudge you on your own blog! BBT

Swinging Sammy said...

A loud man once told me, "God gave people different gifts, I was given volume."

Doug E. Pudge said...

Sammy, What that loud man once told you is: "To some God has give talent and ability, to me he has give VOLUME"! Get the quotes right already. BBT

Swinging Sammy said...

You're right sorry for the misqoute.

Doug E. Pudge said...

Because I am the magnanamous person that I am, you are forgiven! BBT

where's jim? said...

Religion and politics...go figure.

Unknown said...

Where's Jim... said"Religion and politics...go figure."
I have to say, without faith in God, Politics are dangerous. Politics are about our lives and freedoms, without God, politicians can lead us down a road that culminates in Armageddon.
Great Site Jay. Keep up the great work.