Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What's your Opinion

I was listening to a radio show on the way home from work and they were talking about how a national Christian organization, was boycotting Ford Motor Co because they recruited to employ and give health benefits to Gay and Lesbian workers.
I personally don't have a problem with Gay&Lesbian humans, I do not condone what they do, and I believe the Bible speaks strongly on this issue.
But as I was listening I wonder to myself, if as a Christian, am I supposed to feel as this organization does and boldly pronounce that I am against the Gay & Lesbian community.
Or If ever asked do I share my viewpoint and back it up with biblical fact?
Is it that this Organization is Holier than thou, or just outspoken, it seems to me that by taking that kind of stance you portray that you are better than others? And here we go again those Christians think they are better than we are! Snobs!
See where I'm coming from on this?
Am I wrong in my thinking?
What do you think?

5 comments:

Four-Leaf K' lover said...

Well Jay, I completly understand your view point. I feel that as Christians, we may condemn the act, but not the people. These people can be forgiven and transformed through God. The church should be a safe haven without compromising its stance against homosexual behavior. I think that talking constantly about what Jesus has done for us is such a powerful tool.

Kodiak said...

I was listening to the same show. I personally do not think Christians should waste God's or our time. Yes it's wrong to have to listen to media propaganda. What message are we attempting to relay to non-christians...that we know how to flex our powerful christian muscles and that we have a powerful voice or we know how to go to homosexuals and show them that Christ loves them and reach out and give them a holy hug.

Doug E. Pudge said...

What's the difference between homosexual and hederosexual sin? Does this same group speak out against "normal" sexual sin or just "abnormal" sexual sin? Jay, whatever you decide to take a stand on or against make sure that you keep it consistant. And as you said you speak out against sin and not people. God love people yet He hates sin. B4T

Russell said...

I'm very happy to see your thoughts and the comments on this issue. I personally believe that this issue is the #1 stumbling block with non-christians. We as a body need to work through these issues if we hope to make a dent in saving the lost.

If there is one thing I know about sin, is that sin is sin. They aren't ranked and as such we shouldn't rank them ourselves. We like to play games and pretend that one is more hideous than the other or one is more public. That's why they call us HYPOCRITES!

Once we start admitting that we are ALL sinners and should love everyone unconditionally, than we will start to make a difference.

Of course that doesn't mean we compromise our beliefs that certain things are wrong. It's just an admittance that we are just as wrong as everybody else and we need to work to get better together, never propping ourselves up over anybody else.

Here's a small example of the hypocrisy. Christians refuse to watch Will & Grace (homosexual promiscuity) but we've all seen every episode of Friends (heterosexual promiscuity). Tell me how those are supposed to be different in regards to sin? They're not, yet we pretend it's OK.

Kodiak said...

I returned to clarify a couple of points and aI see DEP ALready pointed out " What's the difference between homosexual and hederosexual sin?" already and that Russell stated "If there is one thing I know about sin, is that sin is sin." And Hawkman's "Such boycotts are arrogant, a waste of time and hinder our real mission.". Great points everyone.