Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Are WE Listening?

It's a funny thing Listening, all we have to do is give someone our undivided attention.
But all so often we hear what we want to hear, and really miss what the person is trying to say!
I took an unscientific poll at work the easiest question to ask but the hardest question it seemed to answer.
I asked a few co-workers why they didn't go to church, simple enough.
The answers that I got didn't really surprise me. Here are a few.

"Church is a fashion show"
" I'm too busy on the weekends"
"Church people aren't very friendly to newcomers"
"What you see people do at church, and what you see them do out of church, are two different things"

Isn't it up to us to set examples as Christians?
Why is that so hard?
Who got you into church?
A family member, Your parents, A friend?
Who have you helped get into Heaven?

No comments: